Monday, June 14, 2010

Little girl dress

So, I have been slacking on my posting and am making up for it by doing two today! I love to sew and I like to sew clothes for little kids but unfortunately it is hard to find cute outfits for my son to wear and so frequently I just decide to make something for a little girl even though I don't have one. Maybe next time around since this baby is a boy as well.


I found this cute strawberry fabric forever ago and I actually have an apron made out of it but it isn't really the best fabric for an apron but it is great for a little girls dress. I also got a little bit of lace trim to put on the bodice of the dress and I think it adds a lot to the dress. The pattern doesn't call for it but I like to improvise, just like I wanted to make the dress adjustable for height a little bit. The skirt was a bit longer than I was hoping but it still turned out well. I also love being able to use my snap press! I made it so that the shoulder straps can be 3 different lengths and the white snaps go really well with the fabric.


All in all the dress turned out really well and I put it on Baby D to see how it would fit. Thankfully the baby girl I made it for is bigger than Baby D was at that age so she will get into it earlier than my son would have, if I was of a mind to let my little boy run around in a dress... I am sure my boys will get to have lots of opportunities to try on dresses for me though!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. That dress is adorable, but baby D is even cuter! I had to laugh when you put the dress on him. I had 4 little boys in a row and was pregnant with my fifth. I didn't know if it was a girl, but I was in Target and put a little girl bonnet on my one year old boy cause I wanted to see what a girl of ours would look like. Well, he was adorable in that pink bonnet. It's a really good thing the next one was a girl! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! :) Especially that you tried it on Baby D! My boys are always happy to try on girl things that I make! lol I made a blessing dress for my niece a couple weeks ago and they both wanted to try it. It was way too small. :)

    ReplyDelete