Thursday, June 17, 2010

Broccoli Pasta

Today I had the car so Dallin and I went out to a produce market and bought oodles of produce! I love produce... I use lots of it in my dinners, and though they might not always be super healthy, they sure do taste good! Chris, Peggy and Dallin all loved it, so did I for that matter. It was something I have never tried making before but it was really easy and yummy so I thought I would share my made up recipe! Cause thats how I cook... made up...

Broccoli Pasta

Ingredients:
-Noodles
-Broccoli
-Onion
-Garlic
-Parmesan Cheese
-Butter
-Water or milk
-Spices

Directions:
Start to boil the water for the noodles. As it is heating up, put the garlic (I like to taste it so I put 2 cloves in), 1 onion and 5 chicken tenderloins in a frying pan. Cook it over medium heat and as the chicken starts to cook add 1 Tbsp. butter and about an 1/8 cup of parmesan cheese, flip the chicken over and stir it and make the flavor and sauce go everywhere on that chicken! At this time I also like to add my spices. My regular spices are Mrs. Dash, garlic salt, something italian-y since it is a pasta. Then I let the chicken cook until it is about 3/4 of the way done and at this point I added some more parmesan cheese, probably about another 1/8 cup to a 1/4 cup. I am not very exact. I also added 2 Tbsp of butter to increase the amount of the sauce and then add the water or milk. You could go either way. For a creamier sauce, use milk. I used water since I had the brilliant idea for milk or cream after I had already finished making dinner. By the way, the water should have been boiling and added the noodles a bit ago. So stir up the chicken and onions and once the butter is melted, add the broccoli. I used a floret? a head? a bunch? of broccoli. So the chicken is still about 3/4 of the way cooked and add the broccoli. Stir it around and then put a lit on the pan. I let it sit for a few minutes on low-medium heat so that it simmers and allows the chicken to cook and the broccoli to get soft. Now it comes down to person preference. I like my broccoli a nice bright green and still really crispy while my husband likes it a dead green and soft and squishy. So keep checking on it until the broccoli is the right level of cookedness for you. Once done, put on top of the noodles and serve!

Dinner was really good and I love to make stuff up for dinner all the time and more often than not it turns out really well. I hope you like it!

1 comment: