Friday, October 22, 2010

Spiders!

Having finally moved into a house and have an income, we are finally going to start amassing holiday decorations! The first holiday that we got to while living in our new house is Halloween and I decided that we needed some child appropriate decorations that are going to last a few years and also that they can play with.


So I decided to make some fun little spiders for my boys!


Start by cutting 2 circles. I used the lid of a big canister of baby formula as my circle size.


I used some boondogle for the legs. They stretch but are very hard to break so I thought it would work well to use them.


To make the legs stay in a bit easier while sewing I put 4 little holes and threaded the legs through.


As I sewed I would cut the legs and pull them through a bit further so that the legs would be as long as possible.


Make sure the legs are all facing inwards and not going to be sewn into the seam when you attach the other side.


Lay the second half of the spider on top of the first and sew around it. Make sure to leave a hole here so that it can be turned right side out. Then get pulling!


This is a good time to trim the legs to make them even.


Once it is turned inside out stuff it full of stuffing! Then just stitch the hole up and put out for the kiddos to play with!


Dallin loves these spiders and continually puts them on the ground to squish them as though they were real spiders. So cute! Can't wait till next year when he will probably make the spiders "eat" each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment