Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Beginning

I have wanted to start a craft blog for a long time and I am finally going to do it! I honestly don't know how well I will do with actually crafting but I know that if I can craft something that I will blog about it! I like blogging!

We are now expecting Baby #2 and I have lots of plans for this baby if it is a girl. Don't get me wrong, I love sewing for Baby D but there are so many more cute clothing options to make for little girls. I do have big plans for Baby D's room though, once we move into our house. Baby #2 though, if it is a girl will have yellow and purple all over the room and the first thing I will need to do is make a blanket. If it is a boy... well I haven't thought that far in advance.

Chris and I are preparing to settle on a house next week and once we do that, we are planning on making some upgrades in the house before we actually move in. I figure a lot of the things that I will get to help with (not too many since Chris doesn't like me to do manual work while pregnant) I will be able to write about, showing how I make my house my own as it happens! I can't wait! My first house. I have big plans, just like Baby D and Baby #2's rooms.

As I said before, I don't know how often I will be able to actual craft, but I hope to be able to have something to show for my life at least once a week. I honestly don't know how so many moms have the time to craft. Maybe their children let them sew while they play happily on the floor, but Baby D likes to sit in my lap and watch me sew, making it much harder to actually accomplish anything.

Right now I am sewing a 100% cotton shirt that isn't a maternity shirt but I am making into one and for it to be cool enough for me to wear all summer long but still move around freely to go after Baby D. I have run into some snags and hope to overcome those tomorrow. After that I hope to get started and finish a scripture bag for my mother in law for Mothers day. That way her scriptures can travel in style to church! So here is to a bright beginning on my new Sleeping Baby Time Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment